Senrior SW Engineer
Full Time – Salary Range 85K – 95K
Duties & Responsibilities
- Position will be responsible for developing innovative software tools, applications, services, and databases that are mission critical to the success of the organization
- The senior contributor will work on numerous projects that advance research and facilitate research efforts across the organization
- Candidate will be a key contributor for projects related to New Portals, web applications, the Shared Network Solutions, as well as other projects as needed.
- Engineer will work with directors, technical leadership and users in order to design code and deploy tools that will be used across our research community.
- Responsible for web application, portal and server-side development.
- Specific tools used will include Java, relational databases (e.g. MySQL), XML and REST web services.
- This person will work with a number of teams and projects and will be expected to take a leadership role, when necessary, in helping to analyze requirements, develop designs, manage priorities, and perform unit tests and support ongoing QA efforts.
- BA/BS in engineering or MIS
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in Java, relational databases, XML and REST web services.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Java, MVC frameworks (e.g. JSF, Spring MVC, Grails), and web-services is desirable.