Software Engineer in Test / Test Engineer
Full Time - $120-$140K
Small startup in Boston with rapid growth and rapid product development. Only 10 months after officially opening ther doors they delivering their first SAAS product implementation with 2 more scheduled for the coming months. Be part of something BIG..currently only 5 IT employees with funding for several more hires in 2011. Funded primarily by BIG well known VC firm, just landed another $5M –which keeps them afloat for at least 2 years.
Their SAAS/Web subscription based data analysis & aggregation tool which will be used for any/all healthcare/bio/pharma related firms/organizations. The tools/apps will provide analytics for compliance, cost structures, and anything else a company may be looking for data analytics on. (clients will include Hospitals, Bio-Pharma, Medical Device, Government etc) There is tons of interest in the industry, several clients going live (already) and many more waiting for implementation.
Ideal Candidate will be technically savvy, intuitive, strong sw development background with desire to deliver error and bug free products. Ideal experience along with job duties listed below (note...company is looking for smart people who can help build, grow and drive their product to/in market...so qualifications are flexible)
- Write and review a test plan and test cases
- Write a clear, concise bug reports
- Have a passion for QA/Testing. Desire to deliver bug/error free products/applications
- Desire to continue to code; build software/applications/products-with a focus on testing, testability, and qa
- Ability to identify workarounds or solutions to the bugs you've found
- Contribute to design and planning sessions, with a focus on functionality, scalability and performance as well as design, usability, etc.
- Ability to thrive in a “start-up” environment (although everyone loves work/life balance, with a small team and limited hands some of our work weeks are long)
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in SW Development/Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience testing in a multi-tier environment (ideally with SaaS product)
- Experience (at lease some) working with Open Source technologies – the more the better!
- Experience developing test strategies for front, middle and back end enterprise systems
- Ability and passion for writing code (this is a SW Engineering Role – just with a focus on QA)
- Passion and curiosity for new technologies
- Experience writing automated tests within a standard testing framework